Signing for fedora-announce with fedora-list (was Infrastructure status, 2008-08-16 UTC 1530)

Marcelo M. Garcia marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 21 10:35:49 UTC 2008

g wrote:

> Marcelo M. Garcia wrote:
> <snip>
>> If it's so "natural" for a user to sign fedora-announce, this should be
>> stated in the web page, something like "It is highly recommend if you
>> are signing for fedora-list". One step further is to put a option (like
>> a check box) to sign for announce when signing for fedora-list.
>
> you do not need a bunch of detailed pages if you just read what is at;

>> And to make users happy, a guide on how to create filters to different
>> lists.
>
> filters are filters. email clients are not all same when it comes to
> setting up filters. among easiest to set up is thunderbird.

Hi

In the page that you suggest, I read "Announcements related to the
Fedora Project", which seems a pretty much vague. And the other says
"For users of Fedora", which is my case. To me don't seem logical that I
should sign to both.

The whole point is, if it is so obvious that one that signs for
Fedora-list should also sign for Fedora-Announce, why two separated
lists? If the announces are important and concern to the users.

Even in a high volume list like "Fedora-list", if I see a header
"[INFRASTRUCTURE TEAM - Urgent] ..." I will read the message.

Maybe because English is not my native tongue, but the word
"announcement" doesn't to suggest something that important.

About the filters, as I said, to make users happy, it isn't important,
just would be nice to have a page in Fedora Wiki.

Regards

Marcelo