VMWare Workstation and Fedora 9?

Alan Evans ame.fedora at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 14:48:12 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 8:05 AM, Alan Evans <ame.fedora at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anybody successfully configured VMWare Workstation (my version:
> 6.04, x86_64) for Fedora 9 (x86_64)? I have before me a fully-updated
> fresh install of Fedora 9. I then install the VMware-workstation
> package and run vmware-config.pl.
[ snip ]
> I've applied the any-any update (117 -- latest I could find).

As a final follow up, so that the list archives contain the info, the
any-any patch was actually detrimental to this process. After
successfully running the config script, VMWare complained about a
mismatched vmmon version. I reinstalled the workstation rpm and reran
the vmware-config.pl script without applying the any-any patch and
VMWare is now running my VMs. (The only thing that didn't compile
correctly was vmblock, which I'm sure a future any-any patch will deal
with.)

This data corresponds to:
  kernel version 2.6.25.14-108.fc9.x86_64
  vmware version 6.04 x86_64