Non-urgent query re: yum ?

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Thu Aug 21 20:50:00 UTC 2008

Hi;

Does yum have a 'file' switch or option like most other programs dealing
with several pieces of data? eg. rsync --files-from /where/ever.

I just re-installed Fedora 9 and I probably will be installing F10 in a
couple of months.  I keep a list of 15 -20 packages that I regularly
have to re-install right after the Fedora core installation.

It would be nice and easy to just 'yum install --from-file
~/billspackagelist' or after a disaster 'yum install
--from-file /backup/billspackagelist'

Maybe there is a way to do it without copying and pasting a long string
of package names and having to check for proper name separation etc. at
the end of 'yum install ...', but I didn't see it.

--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.3