xmodmap map key to right mouse click.

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 21 21:34:33 UTC 2008

Marcel Janssen wrote:
> On Thursday 21 August 2008 01:38:16 g wrote:
>> have a look at these:
>>
>> /usr/share/X11/xkb/compat/mousekeys

from above;

 interpret KP_F2 {
	action = SetPtrDflt(affect=defaultButton,button=1);
    };
    interpret KP_Divide {
	action = SetPtrDflt(affect=defaultButton,button=1);
    };
    interpret KP_F3 {
	action = SetPtrDflt(affect=defaultButton,button=2);
    };
    interpret KP_Multiply {
	action = SetPtrDflt(affect=defaultButton,button=2);
    };
    interpret KP_F4 {
	action = SetPtrDflt(affect=defaultButton,button=3);
    };
    interpret KP_Subtract {
	action = SetPtrDflt(affect=defaultButton,button=3);
    };
    interpret KP_Separator {
	action = PointerButton(button=default,count=2);
    };
    interpret KP_Add {
	action = PointerButton(button=default,count=2);
    };

> Well.....I've updated to KDE 4.1 (from the testing repo) because KDE4.0 was
> simply unusable for me.

you and a lot of others.

> I found "mouse emulation" and I guess this is only switched mouse emulation
> on/off. After that I went to configure the mouse and set mouse navigation on.
> There's noting mentioning mouse buttons though.

emulation on/off was to allow using keypad as keypad or mouse.

> So. I still have no right mouse button functionality in KDE.

even thru keypad? strange. but as you said, kde4.0.

> Yesterday I managed to get it working in gnome so that's usable for now.

maybe you can dig thru gnome's configs to see what they do and apply it
for kde4.1.

> Thanks for pointing in the right direction.

glad to help. did not how things would work for mac.

btw, did you by chance google-linux with mac and button3 or right button?

http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en&output=linux&restrict=linux

in 'all these words'  "mouse buttons" AND "mac" [note " " and AND]

this jumped out on 1st page of 47,000 +;

http://www.redhat.com/magazine/007may05/features/mac-mini/

++++
 While the Mac mini doesn't ship with a mouse, if you have a one-button Apple
mouse, you will surely miss the middle-click and the right-click buttons. These
can, however, all be emulated from the keyboard via the sysctl interface. As
root, edit the /etc/sysctl.conf file and add the following:

dev.mac_hid.mouse_button_emulation = 1
dev.mac_hid.mouse_button2_keycode = 87
dev.mac_hid.mouse_button3_keycode = 88

The above will allow the F11 and the F12 keys on the keyboard to provide the
middle and right click mouse buttons. If however, you prefer to use Fn+Alt or
Fn+Apple, just having the dev.mac_hid.mouse_button_emulation = 1 is sufficient.
On your next reboot, the buttons will be available; however, running sysctl -p
will also enable them immediately.
++++

chaing 'all these words' to "fedora" AND "mouse buttons" AND "macbook"

dropped to 85, which i will let you search. ;o)

hth.

- --
tc,hago.

.