network vs NetworkManger services ??

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Aug 22 01:05:39 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 18:31 +0200, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> it's rather annoying to be told something works automatically
> if in fact it doesn't work for you.
> It doesn't leave much room for advice on what to do about it.

The answer's rather obvious:  If it doesn't work for you, then use
something *else* that's not automatic.  It's *always* been the case that
automatic /somethings/ aren't suitable for all situations (cars with
automatic transmissions have problems in some conditions, auto-focus
lenses make mistakes under many conditions, etc.).

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.