Fedora 9 install method, when Graphics Card / LCD not detected

Jay Mistry jaylinux52 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 16:58:40 UTC 2008

> Welcome to Fedora!
>
> Login to the terminal as root.
>
> Run system-config-display --reconfig
>
> This should walk you through the display setup again.
>
> You may need the Nvidia drivers from Nvidia website for optimal graphics
setup.

Hi,

I have downloaded the nVidia drivers (as a file with the .run extension,
i.e. *NVIDIA-Linux-x86-173.14.12-pkg1.run*, from
http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_173.14.12.html) and have put
them on a CD. I can put them on an ext3 partition that I use as 'Data
Storage' (done from the Parted Magic 3 Live Bootable CD, that has gparted
also) or can also put them on a USB Disk.

How to proceed after that ? (I guess it will involve typing some commands
from RL 3; but am *unsure of the exact cmds to type & how to proceed
thereafter*. (I can get to the grub boot menu, but after that it's a
no-show).

Thanks,

Jay