hibernate question

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Aug 23 07:26:50 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 20:35 +0200, David Hláčik wrote:
> Does drivers needs to support hibernation too?

Yes.  e.g. My laptop has a NVidia graphics chipset.  If I use the nv
xorg driver, hibernation and suspending would fatally foul up while
trying to wake up.  But, with the nvidia driver from Livna, both modes
work fine.

The hardware has to support going to sleep and waking up again, which
will mean the software driving it must, too.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.