Codecs

Leon Vergottini leon.vergottini at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 11:35:33 UTC 2008

Hi

The other day I had a problem getting yum through a proxy - that one I
have solved and thanks for the help that I have received from you guys -
I was pointed in the right direction.  I am looking for codecs so that I
can play my AVI, and other audio formats.  I have followed the steps
listed at
http://www.howtoforge.com/the-perfect-desktop-fedora9-gnome-p5, however
without any success.  When I try to play avi files, it still points me
to a site where I can purchase the codecs.  In Ubuntu, which I used
before moving to Fedora, I only needed to download the Ubuntu-restricted
package and it worked.  I have searched on Google, but also with no luck
unless I have searched in a stupid way.
Please, just point me again in the right direction, like a website - I
like playing around and figure the things out myself.

Regards
Leon