IPTABLES help

H. Willstrand h.willstrand at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 19:59:52 UTC 2008

2008/8/22 Arun Shrimali <arun.reso at gmail.com>:

> Dear All,
>
> I am having a problem with configuring IPTABLES
>
> My Setup :
>
> Fedora 6, as a proxy server having three NICs as follows
> eth 0 - not in use
> eth1 - IP (192.16.251.234  gw - 192.16.250.246)  Connected to LAN
> eth2 - IP (192.16.250.246 gw - 192.16.250.245) Connected to router of ISP
>
> LAN has the mix users of Ubuntu and Windows
> We are using squid (with NTSA authentication) for HTTP traffic, which is
> working fine.
>
> My Problem :
>
> I want my users to use ftp to upload file for different reasons.
> Thus any FTP traffic (only ftp) at eth1 should be route to eth2, such that
> to connect to ftp site and upload the content.
>
> I have tried ip_conntrack_ftp but does not helped.
> Can any body help me to route the ftp traffic

Hi!

I don't have all prerequisites but something like below should work.

iptables -I FORWARD 1 -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD 1 -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 21 -d
<IP_OF_YOUR_FTP_SERVER>/32 -j ACCEPT

This assumes that your routing tables are OK.

Regards,
HW