Cairo-like dock for KDE? [SOLVED]

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at panet.co.yu
Sat Aug 23 21:54:43 UTC 2008

On Friday 22 August 2008 14:21, Colin J Thomson wrote:
> On Friday 22 August 2008 14:58:29 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 09:36 +0000, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> > > But the problem I am now facing is shutting down the panel --- there
> > > is no obvious way of doing it.
> >
> > How about "Remove This Panel"? (right-click on the panel and select).
>
> Note: This option will only be visible if the widgets are *not* locked.

Well, no, I see no such option. And the widgets *are* unlocked. When I
right-click on the panel, I mainly get the options for the task manager. Once
that is removed, right-clicking on the panel gives me a menu with two
a remove of any kind.

Now, I believe I have already specified, but for the record, this is KDE 4.0,
not 4.1 from updates-testing. I decided to wait for the 4.1 version to get
into the mainstream updates before I install it, so I stick with 4.0. And
that one seems to lack the option to remove the panel.

Any ideas (short of updating to KDE 4.1)?

:-)
Marko