non-disclosure of infrastructure problem a management issue?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Aug 24 04:11:15 UTC 2008

Tim:
>> I still don't see why they couldn't have said that it would be *unsafe*
>> to install packages, without saying specifically why.  As opposed to

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra:
> You still don't see because you don't want to.

No, I didn't see because it didn't say.

I saw the original posting, and it was wide open to interpretation.  It
didn't spell out anything clearly.  It could well have meant that there
was a system failure, and if you started updating/installing you could
get stuck with a broken system.

At first glance, that's how it reads.  Only suspicion and paranoia leads
one to think it meant more than that.  We cannot read between the lines
and know what the message actually meant.  It's only by guessing at
things that we'd become alarmed about the message.  Whoever wrote that
did a very poor job of it.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686