bugzilla: howto make it work? (was pulseaudio :-)

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sun Aug 24 13:59:51 UTC 2008

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 03:54:46 -0700
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:

> If you give a report on your audio hardware submitted to ConsoleKit
> package, they could fix the problem (assuming that someone else hasn't
> already reported it).

OK, this is another pet peeve: I know something's wrong. I know what
program I ran when I noticed the bug. I DO NOT know every detail of the
internals of the implementation of said program in order to omnisciently
deduce the correct component from the 47,321,669 in the list in bugzilla,
so I use the one component I do know.

Then it gets closed NOTABUG. Why is this the default behavior so often?
Why doesn't it get transferred to a different component when someone
who does know more about the internals decides it isn't his problem?