non-disclosure of infrastructure problem a management issue?

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 21:44:08 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 11:38 PM, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-08-24 at 15:15 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 14:09:53 -0700
>> Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
>>

>> > just curious Frank...if you don't trust Fedora Project people to do the
>> > right thing, why are you installing it on any of your computers?
>>
>> I've been using it for some time and it generally works quite well.
>>
>> I'm currently engaged in a debate regarding the appropriate level of
>> disclosure that should be undertaken in view of an apparent security breach.
>>
>> My hope is that my contribution to this debate will be beneficial and help to
>> provide guidance to the community when formulating an appropriate response to
>> the current and any future situations.
>>
>> Thanks for asking.
> ----
> There are circles where my opinion doesn't count and undoubtedly, this
> is one of them. Given that Fedora relies upon Red Hat servers for these
> things, it's not completely a community issue - in fact, it's clear that
> Red Hat has their own interests which trump Fedora's interests.

Took awhile to degenerate down to pure RedHat bashing. Not that there
is any evidence to support what you're saying here.

What a lot of people seem to not get is that of course their opinion
counts, but when you present your opinion in a way that seems like
purely complaints, it hard to make use of it.

( www.pembo13.com )