Signing for fedora-announce with fedora-list (was Infrastructure status, 2008-08-16 UTC 1530)

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sun Aug 24 23:48:54 UTC 2008

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008, Roger Grosswiler wrote:

> why does everybody expect, that enduser search their information? If it
> is important, it has to be brought...i think...
>
> they are interested in having a working distro, not being subscribed in
> list here and list there and list everywhere. and perhaps, it would be
> nice, if they get an info, if something is not working. even your
> browser brings the information, if internet is not available on a
> workstation, you don't have to subscribe to a list... "an error has
> occurred while updating your system please have a look at
> http://find.error.here"
>
> i would find this kind of very nice ;)

 	It would be, and probably should be, something you'd have with a
commercial product.  However, do not forget that the Fedora Project and
it's products are 100% volunteer supported.  No one is paid by Fedora to
work on anything.  Most, if not all, of the HW is donated in some way or
other.  If you want to have the kind of setup where you get the
"announcements" where you want them and all the infrastructure and
management of said infrastructure then buy RHEL or some other commercially
supported product.

 	Alternatively, you can pay me and I'll do anything you like.  I
have support options starting at $175K/yr.   :-)

Joe

--
Interesting Boring Blog - http://x-nc.blogspot.com
A combination of insight and inanity for your reading pleasure