non-disclosure of infrastructure problem a management issue?

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon Aug 25 00:43:38 UTC 2008

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:32:29 -0500
Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:

> And what?  have history repeat itself?

Possibly.  Or maybe now there is more of an incentive or imperative with a
real-life example to point to.  Or again, not.

On the other hand, there may easily be better solutions available to solve this
problem.  Unfortunately, nobody has suggested one as far as I'm aware.

It seems that we don't even have a consensus that there is a problem.  That
should probably be dealt with as a first step.

1. Determine that there is a problem.
2. Define the problem.
3. Solve the problem.

We appear to be somewhere around step 1 at the moment, and it's now a full week
(plus) after the event.  This alone indicates that there's a problem.