13. Re: FC9 NetworkManager & WPA (Tim)

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Aug 25 02:32:11 UTC 2008

Tim:
>> Picture this scenario:  You plug in your new wireless router, it has no
>> security settings.  You configure it using the HTTP webserver, and your
>> passwords (any you set into it) are part of the HTML source code,
>> viewable by anyone else at the same time.  Your browser may display them
>> as ***** in the webform, but it's only the browser display that's
>> obscuring them.

max:
> You can make the router only accessible via https, at least I can on
> my Linksys though I am not sure if that would fix the issue in
> question.

Mine doesn't appear to listen on anything other than port 80.  I settled
for turning off wireless, then configuring things, then turning it back
on using WPA2 only.

> There is some OPen WRT firmware for the linksys that I have been dying
> to try though........

I had a look on the site for that, mine's only "partially supported".

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.