non-disclosure of infrastructure problem a management issue?

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon Aug 25 03:39:40 UTC 2008

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:37:02 -0800
Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:

Unfortunately, while a policy for future incidents would be nice, I don't set
it as a priority item at this time.  When your house is burning down, you don't
send out a rfq for fire sprinkler systems.

At the moment, the major issue at hand is the current situation.   Specifically,
the lack of information that's been provided regarding the same.

As a community representative, you should (in my opinion) be on top of whoever
is making the disclosure decisions with several pertinent questions:

1.  What's holding up the disclosure, specifically and in detail?
2.  When can we expect the disclosure to be made?
3. What can the community do to move this process along?

Upon receipt of the answers you should post them to the mailing list and ask
for ideas and guidance from the community as to the next steps that they (we)
would like you to undertake.  It's not unreasonable to expect a comprehensive
report and request for feedback from a representative to the constituents whom
he represents.

To some degree, you have attempted to do this.  Unfortunately your focus is on
the next time, not the current situation.

It's nice to plan for next time, but we're still dealing with this time.  And
it's currently unresolved and outstanding.