strange error

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 25 03:55:10 UTC 2008

Beartooth wrote:
<snip>
> From that second one, I get a notice saying it doesn't exist yet.

i looked at it before sending it. thought you might want to write it. ;o)
no, really, it was for 'existing pages'.

> I suppose I may still be jumping the gun. (I'll tell, I'll tell,
> but -- *after* my excuses.)

> I couldn't get it to boot. I couldn't get it to 'upgrade' to F9,
> GUI-ly nor in text mode; and when rescue got me to chroot, I couldn't get
> it to run yum.

i would say that you and i have similar problem. i was going to use a backup,
but i installed some things that i really did not need. so with system being
in state it is, i do believe fresh will be better.

> So I'm in process of slamming it with the big, big hammer --

some times it is best. aggravating, bitching, and a pain in ass. but at
least you will know you have a clean install.

tomorrow i will reinstall f8.

> First of all, this time I went through Customize Now, cutting
> everything I could find and dared.

takes a while, but i have found that it can be best.

> Third, before I copy any of them, I'll run yum update and then
> gnome-packagekit *twice* -- looking for more stuff to cut.

have not used 'gnome-packagekit'. is that gnome only? i do not install
gnome desktop, so i do not believe i have it on system to have tried.

> Keep your fingers crossed -- and stay tuned. It's starting the
> new install now ....

toes too. good luck.

- --
tc,hago.