non-disclosure of infrastructure problem a management issue?

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon Aug 25 05:01:23 UTC 2008

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:52:56 -0800
Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:
> > On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:37:02 -0800
> > Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Unfortunately, while a policy for future incidents would be nice, I don't set
> > it as a priority item at this time.  When your house is burning down, you don't
> > send out a rfq for fire sprinkler systems.
>
> Oh you've taken Apocolaptic Allogories 101?  I took advanced
> Rhetorical Rhetoric.  This should be fun.
>
> I also do not stand in the way of the fire fighters and asking them
> questions as to what's happening while they are putting the fire out.
> Nor do I do it to the fire investigators who poke around in the ashes
> trying to figure out whats wrong.

You should be asking questions if you have another identical house across the
street that faces the same risk factors.  And you should be demanding some
pretty fast answers.

> And if they don't have those procedures, I back their
> asses up when they have to make a judgement call.

And you should be taking them to task when their judgement is wrong and getting
the situation corrected.  Not just "we'll try to do better next time"; that
doesn't solve the current problems.

> Hopefully that means you'll keep your noise
> out of it while more experienced people work on it.

If I have something to say, you will hear it and I will expect a reasonable
response in return.  I expect nothing less from the community representative.