OT Electronics Help

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Tue Aug 26 07:56:28 UTC 2008

Amadeus W.M. wrote:

> You're looking for home automation from linux. There is a reference page
> for that:
>
> http://www.linuxha.com/
>
> As someone else said, you may prefer something else than X10, but you'll
> find many leads on that page.

I'm interested in much the same topic as the OP,
although in my case I would like to be able to run non-computer services,
eg turning a water-tap on and off, at a remote site.

>From my position of complete ignorance,
X10 seems based on a bizarre system of sending information
along power cables.
I would have thought wireless would have replace this years ago.
But as I say, I am a complete ignoramus on the subject.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366