how to hide nfs share absolute path to the clients

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 13:39:06 UTC 2008

Hello,
I have a file system /fs
I want to export a directory /fs/nfsdir and all its subdirectories.
As on the client side /etc/fstab is world readable, I would like not to show
the absolute path of the server side.
Is this possible with any kind of directives at client and/or server side?
So that /etc/fstab on the clients would be

nfsserver:/nfsapp /nfsapp nfs defaults 0 0

but actually /nfsapp is mapped to /fs/nfsdir on server.
I would also like to avoid links if possible.

I only found mp=path option server-side, but it seems for other means.
I also see something like "Optional mount point" in a web based config
manual..... but don't find an option part into the man page

Any  hints?

Thanks,
Gianluca