Sony videocam w/ USB

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Tue Aug 26 20:12:36 UTC 2008

Bill,
	Last year my daughter bought me a Sony Handicam DCR-SR42 for Christmas.
  It has a 30GB hard drive in it, and a USB connection.  My laptop
recognized it right away and mounted it as a USB hard drive device.  I
can access the the stored videos (MPGs) (in a simial method to accessing
my SONY still camera's JPGs) and access them directly.
I even learned how to burn the MPGs to a DVD with a script.
	Does your videocam not have any local storage on it?  For me, the trick
was in knowing where to look for the videos after Linux mounted the
device....
	/media/disk/mp_root/101pnv01/
holds all of the .mpg files and
	/media/disk/dcim/101msdcf/