Linksys WRT54G2

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Aug 28 22:41:43 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 03:27:47PM -0700, Rich Emberson wrote:
> I run Fedora 9 (only, no windows or macs). I recently was given a Linksys
> WRT54G2
> Wireless-G broadband router with its installation CD (which according to the
> terse instructions has a windows and mac modes - of course no Linux).
>
> I want to use this as simply a wireless access point to my existing LAN. I
> already have a router and DSL internet connection.
>
> Anyone have any experience or links which can help me figure out how to use
> this puppy?

You might find it informative to check out the fora (plural of forum)
and wiki at dd-wrt.com. dd-wrt is alternative firmware for many (but
not all) of those linksys router/AP thingies, so the main emphasis there
is using their firmware. But you might glean something too even if you
decide not to change firmware.

 .----    Fred Smith   /
 /    /  /   /__) /  /  /__) .+'           Home: fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us