Java and openjdk

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 29 06:23:27 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Oh, sure. Feel free to look up the archives.
>
> Different conversation, I guess.

You claimed a official Java implementation wouldn't have issues. OpenJDK
is one.

> Errr, that blog says it builds...  Is it your/fedora's policy that if
> something builds you should ship it?

You presume a lot without me saying anything of that as usual. This
discussion was never about shipping anything.

http://blogs.opennms.org/?p=223

There is a screenshot showing that it works. If you are not even running
a recent release of Fedora, this doesn't affect you anyway. So again a
theoretical discussion which I am not interested in.

Rahul