dependency problem installing Bacula from SRPM

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 12:07:46 UTC 2008

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:46:13 +0100, Gary Stainburn wrote:

> On Friday 29 August 2008 12:22, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> >
> > ??
> >
> > Run "yum whatprovides libtermcap" or "repoquery --whatprovides libtermcap".
> > It here points to package "libtermcap".
>
> Am I having a blonde moment or just missing something - it has been a VERY
> long week.

You don't understand the purpose of the tools I've pointed you to.
If nothing in your repos provides "libtermcap", you're lost, and you need
to fix the bacula src.rpm package (and probably drop the explicit "Requires:
libtermcap" which should not have been added to the package, because for
shared libraries we rely on automatic dependencies on library SONAMEs).
Here with F8, there still is a libtermcap package. But Fedora pkg cvs says
it's obsolete since F9.