Help with php-mysql installation

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sat Aug 30 10:23:11 UTC 2008

Adil Drissi wrote:

> I installed php-mysql with apache in my fedora 8.
>
> Now i have a problem with running scripts connecting to the database from
> the browser. The same script i run it from terminal without any problem,
> but from browser it blocks in the line that connects to the DB without any
> error message also i'm including a die statement.

I doubt very much if this helps,
but your posting made me try to access phpMyAdmin on my home server
from a remote host.
(I'm not clear what exactly you are trying to do,
if not run phpMyAdmin?)

In any case, the problem in my case is that I had to explicitly allow
access from my current site in /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpMyAdmin.conf .
I had only allowed access from my home network.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net