OT-ish F9 Laptop\USB-Stick CentOS5.x Server SSH Access

edik077 at gmail.com edik077 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 13:36:55 UTC 2008

If you followed the default installation and set up the firewall. It
will only allow ssh & other services that you have configured. If you
set up this box as http server it should have enabled that as well. I
would advise you to run:

iptables -L # to see what is allowed or not

If you have other ports open that you don't need, run:

service-config-securitylevel or system-config-securitylevel-tui #this
will allow you to do it on an easy prompt driven way if you don't want
to create a script with iptables commandns on it that you can modify
as you wish and reload accordingly as I do on my boxes

regards