The Scope and Ownership of fedora-list

Chris Tyler chris at tylers.info
Sat Aug 30 14:36:52 UTC 2008

This has been an interesting discussion, including some good tangents. I
think there's a general consensus that a tighter focus on
encouragement/advice/assistance (which shapes up as "support" without
saying "support", and meaning support in more than just a pure-technical
sense).

Based on this discussion I've changed the list description to read:

        fedora-list: Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for
        using Fedora.

This means that extended threads on philosophical and political topics
are off-topic for this list. There are other lists, such as
fedora-advisory-board, for discussion of these very valid issues, and
proposals for the creation of a new list are welcome (though some groan
at the prospect of yet another list, so I suspect you'd have to make a
strong case!).

There have also been a couple of offers to help with the list ownership
(thank you!). Paul and I will reply privately to those volunteers early
next week.

-Chris