Fedora 9 Freeze At Login

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sun Aug 31 19:09:33 UTC 2008

Kyle Lanigan wrote:

> So I've put in Fedora 9 just the other day, but it doesn't matter when
> I login into Fedora 9 after booting up into it, that everything
> freezes once the login screen goes away after entering my username and
> password. I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do to get this working.

How long do you wait?
I find a surprisingly long wait -
about 30 seconds - after logging in,
with very little disk activity until near the end.
I don't know what the computer is doing?

But that doesn't sound like your problem.
Have you tried logging in in text mode?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net