F9 install: anaconda fails: Unable to read package metadata.

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Sun Aug 31 22:05:01 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I tried reinstalling F9 from the DVD on a new disk this afternoon, but
anaconda kept failing at the point when it started installing packages:

"Unable to read package metadata. This may be due to a missing repodate
directory. Please ensure that your install tree has been correctly
generated."

Bug-buddy was then launched at this point; there was no way of changing any
configuration, only rebooting. Eventually I installed F8, then tried
updating from the DVD. Still the same error. For the time being, I am
running F8 again.

Yes, I checked the media.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Thanks.