KDE freezes after switching to text terminal and back to KDE

Mark Eggers mdeggers at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 19:08:16 UTC 2008

On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 22:35:32 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Why don't you use the packages from RPM Fusion? They have packaged that
> beta version already.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

Nice to know that the RPM has the current required beta.  I did a yum
info on xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-173xx, which shows it to be 173.14.15.  I'll
have to try that the next time there is a kernel update.

I don't mind building the driver for a single machine.  I install enough
non-rpm software so that it's not a problem.  If I maintained 50-100
machines, then I would certainly use the RPM (and consider building RPMs
for the other tools I use).

Thanks for the info.

/mde/