KDE internationalization on a GNOME desktop

Andre Costa blueser at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 17:43:06 UTC 2008

Hi,

I installed default F10 desktop, and all GNOME apps deal with localized
chars such as 'é' as expected (I have a Brazilian ABNT2 keyboard). However,
I run a couple of Qt apps (eg. Skype), and accent chars don't work as "dead
keys" on them, eg. é comes out as 'e. I guess keyboard layout info is
missing for Qt apps (xorg.conf doesn't have any keyboard configuration, and
GNOME has its own configuration).

Is there any way to configure Qt apps without having to install KDE? Or
should I put it directly on xorg.conf?

Regards,

Andre