Script errors while livecd-creator is running yum

Phil Meyer pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com
Thu Dec 4 21:34:06 UTC 2008

dexter wrote:
> 2008/12/3 Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to>:
>
>> On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 16:16:03 +0000,
>>  dexter <dex.mbox at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> A correct assumption, but all the times I've seen such errors its been
>>> down to bad package selection in kickstart files! are you using the
>>> official games kickstart as a base or is it totally homebrew?
>>>
>> Pretty much the official one. I had to comment out starfighter which has
>> been removed. It includes fedora-live-base.ks so I would expect it to
>> install things it needs.
>>

> Indeed
>

>> Something could be wrong with the repo build as in the short term I have
>> been using a repo made from f10 and koji packages, but I didn't see any errors
>> for the groups. (I did have that issue previously, but had fixed it.)
>>

> I've also pulled the latest from koji to my local repo then re-run
> createrepo on it to no detriment.
>

>> Should I expect core-utils to be installed before any of the problem
>> packages? If so I could verify that and see if that looks like the cause.
>> Also the references to touch all seemed to be missing a path; could there
>> be a default path issue?
>>

> Yes its part of the @core group so it should be part of all normal spins!
> It could be a path issue like you say but from the powermanger.spec in F9
> gtk-update-icon-cache is given a full path and touch isn't and they both fail?
> weird, file bugz on livecd-creator (post number) or ask again on the
> livecd-list.
>

>> %post
>> touch --no-create %{_datadir}/icons/hicolor || :
>> %{_bindir}/gtk-update-icon-cache --quiet %{_datadir}/icons/hicolor || :
>>

> ...dex

I added the coreutils package to both my base ks and the specific ks
that I am using.

It got added at package 756 of 1886.  Well before the previous test, and
I had no package script errors in the 756 first packages, and none after
that, either.

This really looks like a yum package priority issue, not a PATH issue.

I am wondering if I need to take the time to manually expand all groups
specified in the kickstarts to get yum to prioritize them correctly.