kpackage settings do not stick

Endy endy at digitalgrotto.net
Sun Dec 14 21:32:51 UTC 2008

I'm having a problem with the kpackagekit settings.  I have set it to
check for updates daily, not hourly, and not to ever automatically
install updates.  Yet, it seems like after every time I use kpackagekit
to run updates or install new packages, those settings get reset to the
defaults: checking every hour, and automatically apply security updates.

Anyone else seeing the same behavior or have any suggestions?

(yes, i do click the 'apply' button after making my desired setting
changes ;) )

Endy