F10, VMware Server 2.0, and selinux

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Mon Dec 15 17:14:10 UTC 2008

On Mon December 15 2008 9:11:48 am Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> > Another question came up in my mind this morning and I
> > decided to go and check the above statement. For your
> > information, there is an .rpm available for the latest
> > VMServer 2.0 - I'm downloading it right now.
>
> For your information (and you would know this if you had
> participated in the 2.0 betas), the RPM installer is being
> officially depricated. In the betas, it was completely
> disabled. Good luck installing it...

We seem to drifting towards a pissing match here, and it's not my
intention. If my tone seemed hyper-confrontational, it was
unintentional. I saw blanket statements being made that directly
contradicted my experience across many machines, without much
explanation. You then got annoyed and accused me of the same sin
in reverse ("it works for me, so...") - an attitude I actually
tend to detest when I see it - my point was that it was not right
to make blanket statements on the subject, that clearly
contradicted my experience in the matter and the evidence I've
seen on this list repeatedly, where people have posted solutions
to issues with running VMWare on Fedora - implying that they were
successfully doing so, at least as I saw it.

So far as the Ver 2 statement above, note how I phrased it - I
was very careful about what I said; if VMWare rpms are indeed
being deprecated, why are they continuing to offer the download?
Are you saying it won't install if I try to run the .rpm?
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA