F8 Evolution and dropped reply-to style

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 04:58:56 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 09:07 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 10:00 +0200, Paul-Erik Törrönen wrote:
> > It seems that the current Evolution (2.12.3) shipped by Fedora 8 _forces_
> > one to top post (ie. write the response above the quoted message).
> >
> > There are only four different ways to configure the reply style:
> > 0 Quote original message (puts a newline and prompt on top of the message,
> > paste-relevant-part behaves identically)
> > 1 Do not quote original message (err.. how do I then comment on specific
> >   issues? The paste-relevant-part does not work)
> > 2 Attach original message (ditto)
> > 3 Inline original (Outlook style) (see 0, and does not quote)
> >
> I can't find where you format the reply style in evolution. Where is it?
> > Can I please have the proper way, which was already implemented in earlier
> > versions, returned to this otherwise good software.

It's in the mouse. Just click on the bottom of the post, trim whatever
is annoying and start typing. Be glad you're not on a Selectric, licking
stamps, stuffing envelopes and waiting 1/2 month for a reply. This
slight tad of inconvenience doesn't mean one is *doomed* to top-posting.
I never noticed the selections absence. I just looked, you're right,
it's not there. No prob.

What probably happened was that too many wankers ragged on the Evolution
team over the selections not intuiting exactly what the luser wanted, so
they predictably jerked it out by the roots.  :) Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar