Graphics tablets and Fedora 8

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Mon Feb 4 19:22:01 UTC 2008

On Feb 3, 2008 3:59 PM, Anders Karlsson <anders at trudheim.co.uk> wrote:

> I would like to know what experiences people have with graphics
> tablets in Fedora, which ones can be recommended and which ones, if
> any, can be used to replace the mouse.

I have a Wacom Graphire4 4x5 USB tablet which took a little effort to
set up under earlier versions of Fedora but under F8 is trivially
easy. IIRC, F8 basically recognizes it from the start; to get certain
advanced features (pressure sensitive operation etc) you need to tweak
xorg.conf.

Tablets help with RSI issues, as does switching hands, as others have
mentioned.

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam