shutdown

Andrea Bencini andrea.bencini at tin.it
Fri Feb 8 13:27:29 UTC 2008

>> I installed FC8 and Postfix-2.5.5-2.fc8
>> Postfix runs well
>> I can stop, start or restart it without problems.
>> When I shutdown the system (shutdown -h now), postfix sayes "FAILLED"
>> Can you help me?
>> Thanks
>> Andrea
>
> Can you check the file /var/log/maillog and identify the
> difference between a shutdown and a service stop ?

 I installed FC8 and only Postfix-2.5.5-2.fc8 again in an other PC and there
are the same problems
When I stop postfix (service postfix stop--> OK) it writes in maillog, but
when I shutdown the system, the postfix-stop doesn't write in maillog.

The messages during shutdown are:

Start Killall:
Stop postfix: FAILED
Sendig all processes the TERM signal

I thing the problem is in Killall. but I hven't any idea

Andrea