Sharing printers between Fedora machines

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Feb 12 04:46:37 UTC 2008

Tim:
>> Set up a printer on one computer, allow it to be shared (the CUPS
>> webserver at http://localhost:631/ gives you one way to do all of
>> this).

Michael Klinosky:
> Thank you! I've been wondering how to manage jobs and such.
>
> So, then, is there any sort of configuration I can tweak? The text size
> is about 2 sizes too big (even for my 1280x960 display).

If you mean the text size on those configuration webpages, though mine
look just about the same as any other webpage, you've got a few options:

Play with the text-sizing on your web browser.
Find the HTML source CUPS uses to generate its pages, and tweak them.

  [tim at bigblack ~]$ rpm -ql cups|grep cups.css
  /usr/share/doc/cups-1.2.12/cups.css

Though, even if they were a bit big, I wouldn't worry about it.  How
often do you really need to go reconfiguring your printers?  About the
only time I look at it, is when someone asks questions about CUPS.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.14-64.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.