problem with permissions of usb key
gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 10:56:23 UTC 2008
thanks guys for your efforts.
- update on his system was done via rpm (not so easy) without using force or
other drastic parameters
- I've considered the alternate disk repository, but it seems complicated by
using also livna packages... I'll investigate more in this sense
- after the log provided there were no other errors or messages on both PCs
- for the output provided I was connected as gcecchi in gnome on my PC and
in a terminal I did a "su -"
- on both pcs' logs the uid is 500 because it is the first one created
different from root (gcecchi in my case, luca in his case)
- gcecchi is not a member of root group
- no entry at all in fstab for sdb or /media fs on both pc
I'm going to compare
between the two stations and report.
In the mean time, thanks for your time.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the users