strange behavior realtek 8139too ....

박유찬 diylinux at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 12:37:44 UTC 2008

Hello

I'm using Fedora 7 and installed two lan cards on my linux system.

of course, one is being used for masquerading- private network, realtek
8139(8139too module) and other for using external internet

but private network, realtek 8139 , when connected, some error messages
print such as blow

eth1: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0x45E1
eth1: link down
eth1: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0x45E1
eth1: link down
eth1: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0x45E1
eth1: link down
eth1: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0x45E1
eth1: link down

i don't know what the message means so i want to help me somebody.

Thanks.