Network services clashing

arunbkn at aol.in arunbkn at aol.in
Fri Feb 22 11:12:57 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au>
To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:40 am
Subject: Re: Network  services clashing

Arun:
> But is is very much clear to me that there is a clash of services.

And it was to us, too, quite some time ago.

> Is there any way to find out which are clashing ??

Yes, by doing what I told you do in my prior message:  Send us the
output from:

 chkconfig --list

So we can see what services you have set up.

I won't reply again until you do that.  Nobody else can answer your
query with a definite answer, without that information, either.

--
(This computer runs FC7, my others=2
 0run FC4, FC5 & FC6, in case that's

I read messages from the public lists.

Output of  chkconfig --list

[root at itqs-arun arun]# chkconfig --list
bash: chkconfig: command not found
[root at itqs-arun arun]#

pl advise me another command, where as I have listed the services as per my limited knowledge as follows

Networkmanager – disable
Networkmanagerdispatcher – disable
bluetooth – disable
iptables – disable
netfs – running
netplugd – disable

network – running
nfs – disable
nfsloc
 k – running
nscd – disable

ntpd – disable

As soon as I enable Networkmanager, Networkmanagerdispatcher, my network Notwork.

Arun