java again really

Craig White craig at tobyhouse.com
Thu Jan 3 18:06:21 UTC 2008

----
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2007-December/msg03991.html
----
> The document is not a step by step tutorial for the totally
> uninformed.  It is a minimal set of instructions to get Sun's Java
> installed on both i386 and x86_64 and to get them to work.
----
to work yes, but primarily as a web browser plugin, which really only
works for i386 anyway. The issue though is that other steps are
necessary for using jre (or more likely, jdk) with other applications.
----
>   I don't
> know what Karl's command line problem is but it does work just fine
> for me.  Part of his problem was that he removed icedtea and didn't
> have a clue about the alternatives program.
----
indeed...we can only point out parts of Karl's problems and those are
clearly some of them.

Craig