java again really

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 02:48:51 UTC 2008

Peter Boy wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 06.01.2008, 12:49 -0600 schrieb Les Mikesell:
>> If their courses continue to diverge in
>> ways like the Sun jvm inclusion in RHEL, jpackage breakage in fedora
>
> Again, there is NO jpackage breakage in Fedora, and the way RHEL and
> Fedora integrate Java is just the same (as is the same in SuSE/SLES).

I wish you'd accompany your claims with links to the appropriate
sources.  I can find instructions to configure earlier versions of
fedora to use the large assortment of packages in the jpackage
repository.  I see a limited subset of those packages listed as
available in the fedora repos, notably missing java-sun-compat. If I
were to install f7/f8, how would I get access to the full set of things
  available to other versions/distos from the jpackage repostory?

And as for RHEL being the same, what is the fedora equivalent of
'up2date install' that would get
http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHEA-2007-0582.html and would have
automatically updated to
http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2007-0963.html when it was available?
Links/examples, please - or stop claiming that they are the same.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com