Appalling desktop performance in F8

Mr.Scrooge maximilian_bianco at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 23:42:15 UTC 2008

--- Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:

> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>
> > For the purpose of discussions in Fedora forums, "desktop" is an alias
> > of "Gnome desktop".
>
> Is that really true?
> If it is, it seems very misleading to me.
> It's like saying, when I say "car" I mean "green car".
>
> > If you have KDE probs, you might want to create a
> > separate thread, see if we can help you at all.
>
> Are you saying that the desktop performance in F8
> is bad if you use Gnome, but not if you use KDE?
> [I use KDE, and haven't noticed any big difference between F7 and F8.]

Gnome is still considered the default on fedora i think. I found KDE to be kinda clunky on fedora,
it kinda felt like a gnome user put it together. No offense but it did not seem kde-ish if that
makes any sense. I might give it another try soon but i don't know, i just may wait for F9 and see
what if any improvements there have been.

Commenting for no reason in particular(aka stirring the pot),

Max