Fedora 8 on laptop lenovo T61P

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Wed Jan 9 19:25:10 UTC 2008

Mr.Scrooge wrote:
> --- Matthew Saltzman <mjs at CLEMSON.EDU> wrote:

>>> OK, I did what I found on the wiki, except the part about Mouse, as I do not
>>> have a pb with it.
>>> Now everything works like a charm, except one very important thing :
>>> wifi ;-(
>>> Now when I boot, I have a message like that : "error for wireless
>>> request "set mode (8B06)". Set failed on device wlan0. invalid argument.
>>>
>>> I have that message since I've updated the packages. When I just installed
>>> F8 from the DVD, I didn't get that warning, but the wifi didn't work
>>> though.
>>> The little led that shows that wifi is activated is off.
>>> Thank you for your help. Francois
>> What kind of wireless card?
>>
>> Silly thing to check: Is the switch on the front lip of the case set to
>> "on"?
>
> It isn't silly, it's bitten me once and now i always check there first when someone says "my
> wireless isn't working?" , especially if they say it was working the day before. The BIOS is
> another place to check, sometimes the ethernet\wireless can be turned on or off there...

I have had the wireless off, on my Acer, and refusing to be turned on
until I booted Windows.

I suggest Francois uses google for combinations of Linux and Intel 4965;
I barely know one Intel Wireless card from another, but I have seen
quite a few questions about Intel Wireless.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait