Google Earth or crappy X server

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Jan 11 11:28:01 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:

>    It sounds to me since it does the same thing on F7 and F8 that there
> might be a problem with google-earth. It might be that it is designed to
> work in the ubuntu operating system.
>

> Karl

Since the program demands high performance 3D graphics it challenges
poorly advancing driver within the current X server.
It worked fine for the ati driver for me until the driver was broken in
development.
I could not see that Google Earth is the problem. The screensavers used
to challenge the X server for performance and now are written off. Maybe
Ubuntu takes the challenges produced by X server errors more seriously
and develop better X server qualities.

Just my view,

Jim

--