Supported cameras for fedora core 7

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Sat Jan 19 12:10:36 UTC 2008

Avinash Prasad wrote:
> Hi there,
> will logitech camera (Quickcam Chat/Messenger) work in fedora core 7
> or do i nedd to switch on to other cameras.If any others cameras are
> supported then do mention the names.I need the camers to be running
> very smoothly as i need them for my project.Which drivers will i need
> to run Quickcam chat/quickcam messenger?
The QuickCam Pro 4000 (which is an old model) definitely works in Fedora
7 and 8. I've used the camera in Ekiga and Skype, and I'm sure there are
other applications that can use it as well. I think as long as the
camera is supported under Video4Linux all is well and the camera 'just
works'.

Bob Cochran