qemu access to the native CD-ROM on f8?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Mon Jan 21 20:40:18 UTC 2008

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008, Sur wrote:

> * Robert P. J. Day wrote, On 01/21/2008 10:19 PM:

> > darn, you're right -- but i'm still curious as to how i should
> > have known that the CD-ROM would be available in the QEMU session
> > as /dev/hdc.  now that i read the above, you can *deduce* that,
> > but it certainly doesn't come right out and say it.
>
> that's a very dense doc, I suggest you read it top to bottom and
> join the bits. QEMU generally takes time to get familiar with.

that may be true, but it's still frustrating that that simple fact is
not explained clearly anywhere on that web page.  in fact, the
filename "/dev/hdc" occurs absolutely nowhere on that page.  that
strikes me as a bit of an oversight which has real potential to lead
to confusion.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA