Sendmail Help

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Wed Jan 23 14:53:08 UTC 2008

Dan Track wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Just wondering if someone can help me with the following, or even just
> let me know if its possible and point me to somewhere.
>
> Basically I'd like to configure sendmail in such a way that for a
> particular domain e.g example.com it sends all mail to server1 however
> for user joe at example.com I want his mail to be sent directly to
> server2.
>
> Can anyone help me with this?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Dan

I can not give you a solution, but what you are looking for is
called transport maps on Postfix. You will need to look for the
Sendmail equivalent. In Postfix, and most likely in Sendmail as
well, the order of the rules is important. You would want the rule
for joe at example.com to come before the general rule for example.com.

One other thing - the stock install of Sendmail does not include the
  files needed to rebuild your Sendmail configuration. You need to
install the Sendmail configuration package. (sendmail-config?)

Mikkel